Spanish giants, FC Barcelona have announced the signing of former AC Milan star, Kelvin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo.
The transfer includes an €8 million (£7m/$9m) option to buy, while Barca will pay a €2m loan fee for Boateng to feature for them the remainder of the season.
The 31-year-old will be presented late on Tuesday morning, with a private contract signing set to be followed with a photo session on the Camp Nou pitch and a press conference at noon UK Time.
A statement on the club’s official website reads: “Kevin-Prince Boateng is a player who will surely adapt quickly to the team. With experience of playing in four of the biggest leagues in Europe, the Premier League, the Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga, he is a man who has scored goals wherever he has been.
“Furthermore, Boateng is a player who versatile to a fault. During his time with Las Palmas with Quique Setién as coach he played as an out and out striker, a typical number ‘9’. However, he is also able to play further back as he did at AC Milan, scoring twice against Barça in his time with the Rossoneri.
“His ability to bring people into the game means he is excellent at playing behind the main striker.”
Before the Blaugrana’s confirmation, Boateng himself had announced the deal in an interview with Sky Sports .
“Barca, I’m coming!” he said. ” I’m sad to leave Sassuolo but this is a great chance.”
The attacker also downplayed previous comments made about Barca’s rivals Real Madrid.
In a 2017 interview, Boateng answered he preferred Real Madrid to Barcelona, while also stating in the past that he could have made it at the Bernabeu had he applied himself harder earlier in his career.
However, the player says his focus is on his new club, and aiming to find the net against Real Madrid when the two sides next meet in the Spanish capital on March 2.
“Don’t ask me about Real Madrid… is just the past! I only want to focus on Barcelona and I hope to score at Bernabéu for the next Clasico.”