Angry Ahafoman SHS Kitchen Staff Reject “Dubious” Academic Intervention Package

Ahafoman SHS Kitchen Staff reject money.Ahafo shs kitchen staff

Kitchen Staff of Ahafoman Senior High/Technical School in the Asunafo North Municipality in the newly created Ahafo region have rejected their share of the intervention package.

The over twenty workers arrived at the decision following what they describe as unfairness and lack of transparency in the sharing of the 20 percent due the non-teaching staff.

Describing the criteria that were used in sharing the money as dubious and fraudulent, they reveal that they will not allow any individual to short change them by giving them any paltry amount.

According to them, even though there are strict guidelines for the sharing of the money, some individuals have decided to act otherwise.

The staff fingered the Administrator of the school who also doubles as Chairman of the non-teaching staff Owusu Robert and Dorcas Appiah as the masterminds of the plot.

They told this portal that whilst the Administrator and those at the Accounts office pocketed GH₵600 each those at the kitchen had GH₵140 each.

Other non-teaching staff in the school like carpenters, drivers, labourers and electricians also pocketed GH₵143 as their share of the package.

Meanwhile, our source reveals that the Headmaster of the school, Mr. Appiah Korang in an attempt to calm nerves and ensure fairness has halted the sharing and ordered for a re-sharing of the money.

The Ghana Education Service, Professor Kwasi Opoku-Amankwa recently revealed that GH₵52.6 million has been released to all public Senior High and Technical institutions in the country.

Per the disbursement guidelines for the distribution of the incentive package, 80 percent of the total amount will go to the teaching staff, while 20 percent goes to non-teaching staff.

Out of the 80 percent of the total amount allocated to the teaching staff, 60 percent shall serve as the base rate to all teachers in Form one, Form Two and Form Three.

Another 20 percent of the 80 percent is to be disbursed to the teachers based on the approval total instruction per week during the intervention programme while the remaining 20 percent should be based on positions.

For the non-teaching staff, 50 percent of the total 20 percent should serve as a base rate whilst the remaining 50 percent should be disbursed based on the approved staff schedule with priority to the kitchen staff.

Facebook Comments


Call our Editor on 0209391902 or click here and inform us via Whatsapp. You could equally email your stories or articles to [email protected] and we'll surely put them online