Her husband, Dr Bawumia might be the second most powerful individual in the country but he sure knows what time is it.
To mark the day, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia had some well crafted message for the woman he has known for 15 years.
“Happy 40th birthday to my dear wife Samira Bawumia.
“Life they say begins at forty but you have already accomplished so much at 40 as a mother, wife, mentor to so many young women and as a Second Lady of the Republic of Ghana. Continue to reach reach beyond the skies.
“May the next forty years be even more fulfiling and may Allah continue to guide and protect you.
“Enjoy this special milestone in your life darling”
But how do people know the Second Lady? Ghanaxtra.com has compiled some basic facts you did not about Samira Bawumia…
1. She was born on August 20, 1980.
2. She is the only daughter of her parents, Alhaji Ahmed Ramadan and Haj Ayesha Ramadan.
3. Samira is a former beauty contestant for miss universe.
4. Being multi-lingual, she is fluent Ewe, Ga, Twi, Fanti, Fula and her husband’s native tongue, Mamprusi.
5. In 2012, during the graduation ceremony of the Ghana Institute of Public Administration (GIMPA), Samira was adjudged the Best Student in Master of Business Administration (MBA) for Project Management at GIMPA.
6. She has one best friend, Mrs Joyce Attafuah, wife of Prof Ken Attafuah, who has on countless occasions described Samira as “a selfless, compassionate, exceptionally smart, and caring and always there for you.”
7. She likes Banku with hot pepper and fish.
8. She likes reading novels during her leisure hours.
9. A fan of high heels, she also like Mercedes cars.
GOT AN EXCLUSIVE INFO YOU WANT PUBLISHED?
Call our Editor on 0209391902 or click here and inform us via Whatsapp. You could equally email your stories or articles to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll surely put them online