President Akufo-Addo today May 31, 2020, delivered his 10th national address since the outbreak of the Coronavirus.
The address largely focused on the easing of restrictions for educational and religious activities.
Check the summary of the address below
– 8,070 positive cases, 2947 recoveries and 36 deaths. 13 severely ill. 3 ill critically. 1 on a ventilator.
– Borders will remain closed. Special dispensation will be given to Ghanaians stranded in certain jurisdictions to come back home but will undergo mandatory quarantine.
– From June 5, we can have 100 people maximum to worship in churches and mosques. Each service maximum one hour, social distancing + face masks worn throughout.
– Statutory bodies such as the Electoral Commission, the National Commission for Civic Education and the National Identification Authority, can do their work subject to social distancing and the necessary hygiene and safety protocols.
– Schools to reopen from 15th June for final year students of universities, 22nd for SHS and SHS 2 Gold Track students), and 29th JHS.
– Private burials and weddings can have a maximum of 100 persons now.
– Non-contact sports now allowed, with social distancing protocols to be observed.
– Restaurants can open subject to social distancing protocols.