The West African Examination Council has released the names of some suspects behind the leakage of WASSCE questions.
The individuals, 8 males and 2 females have confessed to the crime and are in custody assisting in investigations.
Their modus of Operandi is to create fake websites under the guise of producing authentic examination questions to dupe unsuspecting clients.
A statement from WAEC says “rogue websites who peddled fake questions presenting them as leaked papers and also in authentic papers which had been compromised after their official release from the Council’s depots.”
Below are the details of the ten suspects
1. Ebenezer Akakpo popularly known as Mr. Luke Dito Dito. He is 21 years old and a pianist. He operates the rogue website under the name SHS Pop Up. Mr. Luke Dito Dito has over 26, 800 subscribers some of whom are parents, teachers and school proprietors. He operates also with Moses Aryee Okaitei popularly called Santiago and one Chris Brown who are at large.
2. Samuel Owusu Frimpong alias Koffi Linking. He is 30 years old and a Physics teacher at Namong Senior High School in the Ashanti Region. Koffi Linking operates the rogue website with the name Linking but claims that he does not know the number of subscribers. He also distributes to other dealers.
3. Alice Apama alias Alice. She is 28 years and a mother of one. She is a factory hand in a commercial press house in Accra and relays the items from her source by phone to subscribed clients.
4. George Obeng Asiedu alias Arafat/Ostino George. He is 35 years and an Economics teacher of Osino Senior High School in the Eastern Region. His specialty is with proprietors of private schools.
5. Westerman Ayimadu Amankwah, a Biology teacher of Osino Senior High School. He takes snapshots of questions in the examination room and forwards them to dealers for answers and broadcasting.
6. Isaac Dadzie alias Ike. He is 20 years old and claims to be a part-time worker with NCCE in Cape Coast. He collects the papers from designated sources and hands them over to various dealers especially Mr. Luke and Linking.
7. Alex Asoeanyinah alias Alabama. He is 39 years old, an Integrated Science teacher and the Senior Housemaster of Achinakrom Senior High School in the Ashanti Region. He forwards the items mainly to students.
8. Foster Bekoe alias Akwesi Sakyi. He is about 27 years old and a trader in second-hand clothing. Akwesi Sakyi serves as a middleman and facilitator for other dealers. He operates with one Emmanual Drafoh alias Obama who is at large.
9. Nana Yaa Asanewaa alias Nhana Yhaa. She is 19 years and a casual staff of MTN. She registers SIM cards with fictitious names and details for the dealers to receive payment by MTN mobile money.
10. Prince Gbadago alias Sir Prince. He is 21 years and apart from being a dealer, he provides forged results slips for vulnerable clients. He works as a clerk in a Travel and Tour company.