President Nana Addo Danquah Akufo-Addo today delivered update number 23 on measures taken against the spread of Coronavirus.
The president indicated that the country is now recording an average of 700 Coronavirus cases on a daily basis.
He among other things indicated that all the 16 regions have active cases of the virus and urged the citizenry to abide by the safety protocols.
Below are ten things the president outlined during his address.
– Our hospitals have become full and we’ve had to bring back our isolation cases. Our average daily rate is now about 700.
– All 16 regions of Ghana now have Covid-19 active cases. We have a lot to do to come to terms with the current situation.
– Until further notice, funerals, parties, weddings, and theatrical performances are banned. All workplaces must employ the use of virtual platforms.
– No ban on football gatherings. But President @NAkufoAddo warns the National Sports Authority and Ghana Football Association to ensure protocols are observed amid 25% capacity enforcement.
– Covid-19 tests are free for all Ghanaian citizens. The cost will be borne by the government.
– Ecowas nationals, upon their arrival at the Kotoka International Airport, will pay $50 for their covid tests. Non-Ecowas nationals will continue to pay $150.
– The earliest Covid-19 vaccine will be in Ghana by March. By June, over 17 million doses will have been brought in.
– No ban on religious gatherings (churches, mosques etc). But the 2 hour limit per service is still on. And all covid protocols must be observed.
– Beaches, nightclubs and pubs continue to remain closed. Restaurants should provide take-away services, and should, as much as possible, avoid seated services.
– Private burials with at most 25 attendants allowed